• 408B Upper East Coast Rd, Singapore 466484
  • admin@holygrace.sg
  •  

    Give us a call

    (65) 6241 1154

History

1922

A group of Hainanese speaking Christians began worship at a rented shop house in Purvis Street. The fellowship of godly Christians were known as “Singapore Hainanese Christian Preaching Station”

1923

Congregation moved to the premises of Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church and was called “Singapore Hainanese Christian Congregation” with the assistance of Rev J.A.B Cook.

1930

Rev Alan S.Moore Anderson saw the needs of the growing congregation and rented a bigger premise at 2nd floor of 158 Middle Road. Preacher Tan Yi Lan ministered the people before moving to 5 Albert Street and the congregation was renamed “ Church of Christ in China Hainanese Holy Grace Church”

1937-1946

Preacher Tee See Nam served as preacher.

1957

The church continued to grow in numbers and moved to bigger premise at Geylang Lorong 26, the church was renamed again as “ Church of Christ in China Holy Grace Church”.

1961-1966

Elder Ou Kee Yong , Rev Loo Thian-Liong and Rev Frank Balchin served as pastors and Interim Moderators respectively.

1966

Rev Kenny Yeo came onboard and the church was finally named as “Holy Grace Presbyterian Church”

1972

The church purchased her present location at Upper East Coast Road.

1972 Onwards

With God’s blessing, the church led the birth of a Mandarin and an English service. A 2nd ,3rd & 4th Hainanese Svc, a 5th Mandarin Svc and 6th Hainanese Svc in Kuantan, Malaysia

1981-1982

Expansion project on existing building and premises to accommodate growth.

1998-Present

Church present building commences and completed in 15th June 2003.